FOR GOOD FUEL CONSUMPTION
1. Check your bike's tire pressure.
2. See that your bike's idling is not too high (suggested 1400 or 1300).
3. Get your carburettor re-tuned.
4. Do not exceed 4,000 rpm.
FOR HIGH SPEED RIDING
1. Use high performance air filters.
2. Get your carburettor re-tuned, ask for performance (mileage drastically reduces).
3. Shift gears @ 8500 rpm
4. Shift your bike's first gear @ 9000 rpm.
5. Up-jetting also helps.
6. Use different spark plugs.
FOR LONG LIFE OF YOUR BIKE'S ENGINE
1. Change engine oils at regular intervals (2000 to 2500 kilometers).
2. Never over rev your RPM going at high-speeds continuously, as it damages your bike's engine.
3. Never shift your bike from fifth gear to first gear instantaneously because it screws up your piston rings.
4. Never use bomber silencers or HRC"S because they damage your bike's engine.
OTHER MAINTENANCE TIPS
1. Change your bike's fork oil once in every 12,000 kilometers.
2. Check sprockets and replace them if necessary (wear out limit 40,000 kilometers).
3. Get your bike's brake pads replaced (front) if screeching sound persists, as sometimes it happens due to lack of oil also.
4. Get your bike's tap-head adjusted if necessary, get your exhaust cleaned if too much of carbon is present.
5. Get the bike's rims checked, it gets bent easily on Indian roads.
TIPS FOR CLEANING AND APPEARANCE:
1. Never use soap oil because it gradually fades the tank and other parts (use it only for rim and chain case).
2. Always use shampoo on the tank and visor and the other plastic parts.
3. Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight, try parking your bike near some shade because it becomes dull if exposed to frequent sunlight.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter. Featuring our latest articles and news from Bikes4sa.